CANADA: Increase in Employment rate in Canada.
As per Statistics Canada’s monthly Labour Force Survey, Canada’s employment rose by 94,000 and the unemployment rate dropped to a record low in November 2018. The unemployment rate decreased 0.2 percentage points to 5.6%, the lowest since comparable data became available in 1976.
In terms of industries, the most significant employment gains in November occurred in professional, scientific and technical services; health care and social assistance; construction; business, building and other support services; transportation and warehousing; and agriculture. as per Statistics Canada.
Some of the figures are as follows:
- Quebec, the number of employed grew by 26,000
- In Alberta, employment rose by 24,000
- Ontario also saw employment increase by 20,00
- British Columbia also saw employment increase with 16,000
- Saskatchewan posted employment gains of 5,500
- Manitoba also saw employment increase by 2,600